RALEIGH, N.C. (MARCH 1, 2019) – Clean, an award-winning integrated branding agency, received the top honor at the 2019 American Advertising Awards (formerly the ADDYs), which were presented by the Triangle Advertising Federation on Feb. 21. The agency’s seven awards were highlighted by the Best of Show Award for an integrated campaign for the Boone/Watauga County Tourism Development Authority.
Through the integrated campaign for Boone, North Carolina, Clean created strong connections with consumers and won the hearts, minds, and wallets of prospective visitors using the bold claim, “It’s better here than there.” The integrated campaign used entertaining and informative advertising and immersive experiences, all while staying true to Boone’s adventurous spirit and welcoming nature. The Boone campaign also received a Gold Award and a Silver Award for Regional/National Television Commercials and a Gold Award for Regional/National Integrated Consumer Campaign.
One of Clean’s other travel and tourism clients, the Charlottesville Albemarle Convention & Visitors Bureau, received a Bronze Award for the Joined in Strength campaign, which promoted solidarity and positivity to help counter white supremacists’ Unite the Right anniversary rally in Washington, D.C. In addition, two of Clean’s hospitality clients, Durham Distillery and Lonerider Spirits, each received an award for packaging design.
“Based on analytics Clean measured and tracked, we recommended Boone refresh its advertising campaign last year. Through the refresh, we wanted to give consumers the opportunity to engage with the brand on a new level,” said Clean CEO Natalie Perkins Holden. “We ultimately created a brilliant creative and experiential campaign that is grabbing the attention of many, including our local industry association. We were so honored to walk away with awards showcasing multiple clients but are especially proud to receive the night’s Best in Show Award.”
The American Advertising Awards are the industry’s largest and most representative competition, attracting more than 40,000 entries nationally each year. The mission of the competition is to recognize and reward the creative spirit of excellence in the art of advertising.
The agency’s complete list of winners is below. To learn more about the Triangle Advertising Federation, visit https://triangleadfed.com.
2019 Clean American Advertising Awards
- Best of Show: Integrated Campaign Regional/National – Consumer: Boone/Watauga County TDA – Boone 2018 Campaign
- Gold Award: Regional/National Television Commercial: Boone/Watauga County TDA – Boone Ad Libs
- Gold Award: Integrated Campaign Regional/National – Consumer: Boone/Watauga County TDA – Boone 2018 Campaign
- Silver Award: Regional/National Television Commercial: Boone/Watauga County TDA – Boone Ad Libs
- Silver Award: Packaging: Lonerider Spirits – Lonerider Spirits bottle
- Bronze Award: Packaging Campaign: Durham Distillery – Canned Cocktails
- Bronze Award: Guerrilla Marketing Campaign: Charlottesville Albemarle Convention & Visitors Bureau – Joined in Strength Campaign